Sunday, April 20, 2014

Blood Test - Take Two

Original Post Date: 4/17/14

Still positive. Woo hoo!!

We expected, D and I, to have the numbers double. So, since my first number was 310, I was expecting somewhere around a 620. 

I was told that if the numbers more than doubled it would be multiples and likely triplets. If the numbers just doubled, it was a safe bet that there were twins. And, if the number didn't quite double, it would be a singleton. 

So, when the lab tech looked at me pityingly and told me I hadn't gotten a 600, I was so worried that I'd done something wrong. Never mind that I was peeing every twelve seconds and still craving weird combinations like pineapple and habanero sauce. 

She looked up from the monitor and whispered: 1701. One. Seven. Zero. One. 

I started laughing hysterically. Holy shit. There was no way it couldn't be multiples. That number was FIVE TIMES my original number just three days before. 

Dr. D's office called me to tell me I was pregnant. Again. And, they obviously didn't know that I'd already gotten the results (not to mention that I'd had the hospital send all the lab results to Dr. W's office too). And, to tell me that I didn't need to up any of my meds because it was impossible to be carrying multiples. Sigh. Okay. Then, they decided I needed one more blood test before releasing me into Dr. W's care for the remainder of the pregnancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment