She did an ultrasound, and unfortunately she saw three small white spots. She identified then as calcifications probably resulting from the hysteroscopy. Without having my medical records and surgery notes, she's decided to put me on a one week trial run of estrogen and then I'll have another US to measure my uterine lining.
I've read online that a healthy uterine lining is 8mm, so I guess that's my goal... In general, I have very heavy/long periods, which seems to indicate a full and fluffy uterine lining. Plus, I've had no problems with my pregnancies, so I'm praying that this next US will show a healthy fat uterine lining and we will be able to move forward with the surrogacy.
I really want to do this, and we have invested so much time and effort into the process, that I don't want it to end because of a blip on an US the size of a grain of rice.
So, after an 8 hour drive home, I calmed down and decided that it will be what it will be. If they don't want to use me as a surrogate, then they won't. My IP won't sign the finalized contracts until we have a positive measurement on the US, which is completely understandable, but it breaks my heart just a little bit that this might not work out. I really like my IP and genuinely want to help her (especially after our wonderful lunch). My emotions are all over the place about this, but all I can do is ride it out. I'll have an answer next week. 1/22 is the ultra sound for the measurement. Either it will be good and we'll move forward or it won't and it's over. Either way, there's nothing I can do except take my meds and hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment